Inverness Jewish community
The first synagogue in Inverness was opened in 1905. The Chief Rabbi visited Inverness in 1907, and gave an address at a service conducted by Rev S Arkush. He was received by the Provost and Town Council.
In 1911, there were around 45 Jews in Inverness.
There was never a very large Jewish community in Inverness and it declined rapidly after the Second World War.
Tomnahurich Cemetery contains around 23 Jewish burials, 1906-2003.